If you want to lose weight, having a busy schedule full of appointments, follow-up phone calls to make, deadlines to meet, and countless work conferences to attend, nailing your weight-loss goals can feel straight-up impossible. But it still shouldn’t be used as an excuse not to lose weight.
In the present day, our lifestyles have changed drastically. It is not just our lifestyle but our working style as well. Being glued to a laptop or a system without moving for hours has become the current trend. We work for nearly 10-12 hours seated on a chair with minimal movement for lunch or to get fresh.
While this sedentary lifestyle is important to earn a livelihood, it comes at the cost of many health issues such as neck pain, back ache, eye problems and digestion issues from irregular eating habits, to name a few. Let us not forget the part stress plays in our lives. The effects of being seated with no activity affect not only our physical health but our mental health as well.
Yes!! It is true that hard work brings you success. But, is that success really worth if your body isn’t functioning well? Real hard work needs commitment, but destroying your health and gaining weight in the process isn’t the way to go.
Here are some small, yet very powerful weight loss mantras that can help you meet your weight loss goals with little effort. Take a look:-
1. Never ever skip breakfast: To kick-start your day, you have to eat your breakfast. Never miss your breakfast even when you are running late. A good breakfast dictates your energy levels and your eating behavior for the whole day. You can prepare a smoothie with fruits, yogurt and seeds like flax seeds and chia seeds. A healthy breakfast can be a bowl of oatmeal, boiled eggs or omelet and overnights nights. So, make sure you intake a healthy breakfast before you leave for office tomorrow.
2. Commit to mornings: Morning workouts are one of the best ways to feel energized and prepared for your day. In fact, a morning workout might even give you more energy than a cup of coffee! Wake up 30 minutes earlier and go for a quick run. This will give your metabolism a boost and have you feeling great for the day ahead. Start your day with a workout you enjoy be it brisk walking, jogging or yoga.
3. Keep healthy snacks at your desk: The key to resisting mid-morning cravings at work is to have satisfying, nutrient-rich snacks at the ready. Keeping a snack with yourself will prevent you from buying anything which is unhealthy or loaded with calories. Satisfy your hunger with fresh fruits, fox nuts, handful of nuts & seeds roasted chana, murmure rather than biscuits, chips and namkeens.
4. Keep a water bottle along: Drinking at least eight glasses of water in a day helps to keep hunger levels down, energy levels high, and digestion levels intact. Water intake helps to keep diseases and infections at bay. Swapping sugar-sweetened drinks or fruit juices with drinking water will help to reduce your chances of weight gain. So, all you need to do is to carry a stainless steel or copper bottle along with you and drink every now and then. Other drinks that can improve your hydration are coconut water, lemon water and buttermilk.
5. Move around more: Standing burns more calories than sitting. And walking while doing different things helps further the cause. So ditch those e-mails and walk over to your colleague’s cubicle to discuss things. Use headphones and walk while talking on the phone, take short breaks to drink water - the possibilities to walk around the office are endless. If you sit in an office all day, take a short break — even it is just for three minutes — every hour to walk around the building or do a few squats and stretches at your desk.
6. Make sleep a priority: Lack of sleep can deter weight loss goals. Yes, having a sound sleep for 7-8 hours a day is a must for a human body If you don’t get proper amount of sleep, you may lack the energy needed to complete your workouts; even worse, you’ll crave sugary and fatty foods that will help you stay awake, but also make you pile on the pounds. Studies have shown disturbed sleep patterns are linked to weight-related and psychological changes. So, switch off the phones and gadgets in the bedroom before sleeping and head for a sound sleep.
Bottom Line: Make sure that every day you remind yourself that just making money isn’t everything all the time but taking care of your health, eating right, exercising regularly, managing stress is the key to good health. As your monetary wealth is nothing in front of your health. As its rightly said & believed till date that “HEALTH IS WEALTH”.