BEAT THE BLOAT WITH HEALTHY TIPS
Bloating is a condition in which you feel excessive gas, distension, increased pressure in abdomen along with a bloated stomach. Any disturbance in the movement of muscles in the digestive tract can also cause bloating.
There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning to a stomach that feels bloated.
Here are some ways to beat the bloat:-
Bursting with live and friendly bacteria your gut loves, probiotics help with digestion and reduce abdominal bloating. Probiotics can help restore the bacterial balance. Probiotics are in foods such as yogurt, kefir, traditional buttermilk and sauerkraut.
Sip on warm lemon water
A mug of hot lemon water in the morning wakes up your digestive system and helps get things moving. Lemons, being a natural diuretic helps to de-bloat your stomach & flush out toxins and retention from your body.
Sip on herbal teas
Have a cup of de-bloating herbal teas in between your meals. Some of the herbal teas are peppermint tea, chamomile tea, ginger tea, fennel tea.
Chew your food and eat slow
Stomach bloating could be caused by the way you eat. Eating too quickly can cause air to be trapped in your system. Chewing thoroughly is the first step of healthy digestion. It prevents gas & bloating.
Get more active throughout your day
Be active to beat bloating. Even a quick ten-minute walk can relieve bloating. Exercise helps gas pass through the digestive tract more quickly, so you feel better faster. This would also facilitate your bowel movement. Try some abdominal exercises to stimulate digestive tract.
Snack on tropical fruits
Snack on pineapple & papaya. These delicious fruits contain enzymes like bromelain and papain which act as powerful de-bloaters. These fruits aid digestion and help break down proteins in your GI system.
Cut down on salt
Too much of salt consumption is said to aggravate the water retention in your stomach, which contributes to bloating. Keep your sodium intake to a minimum and opt for fresh foods rater tan processed. Add flavor to your dishes wit natural herbs and spices likes oregano, garlic, basil, rosemary, cilantro, etc.
Your lifestyle can effect bloating. Exercise and healthy diet can all help to reduce bloating quickly, and simple lifestyle changes can prevent it from reoccurring.
Do you wake up in the morning with a terrible burning sensation in your stomach, Acid Reflux?
Do antacids make a standard appearance on your work table?
Do you feel something is rising up in your throat, especially after a heavy or spicy meal?
If you answered yes to one of these questions, chances are that you suffer from acid reflux.
Heartburn or acidity happens when stomach acid creeps up into your esophagus, and it’s a problem many of us have dealt with. It can lead to gas, bloating, flatulence, heartburn, acid reflux and much more.
Several factors can contribute to acidity. Improper patterns of eating, excessive consumption of spicy or oily food, lack of physical activity, stress and even dehydration are a few common reasons.
Struggling with chronic acidity or even acid reflux is not fun. You might reach for over-the-counter antacids and medications, but all too often those will not to provide enough relief. Rather than going for medicines to cure acidity, it is always better to go for home remedies.
To help you get relief from hyperacidity, here are some home remedies which will give you good results:
1. Eat a Banana: Banana being an alkaline fruit with a pH 5.6, it fights against the burning sensation in the chest, the upper abdomen and heartburn. Banana contains potassium which is alkaline therefore reducing the acidity in the stomach. Start eating a banana every day to help counteract acid reflux.
2. Consume Buttermilk/ Chaas: Cold buttermilk is another useful antidote to acidity.. Buttermilk contains lactic acid that neutralizes the acidity in the stomach. Add a pinch of black pepper or one tsp of coriander leaves to a glass of buttermilk. Drink it 2-3 times a day to get relief from acidity.
3. Chew fennel seeds: Fennel seeds or saunf have always been recommended by mothers and grandmothers to treat gastric troubles. Saunf treats indigestion and also soothes acid reflux. You can either directly chew a few fennel seeds or soak them in a little water and then drink up water for relief from acidity and heart burn.
4. Drink ajwain or carom seeds water: Carom seeds are a good anti-acid agent and natural antacid. It is beneficial for stomach and gives relief to the mucous membrane of the stomach from acidity and hyperacidity. You can simply boil 1 teaspoon of the carom seeds in 1 cup of water for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain the mixture and drink when it is cooled down for ease in acidity and indigestion.
5. Drink a glass of Cold milk: Milk is another excellent way to combat acidity. Cold milk will keep the gastric acids under control and alleviate heartburn caused by acid reflux. Anytime you feel an acid formation in the stomach or heartburn coming on, have a glass of plain cold milk without any additives or sugar.
6. Sip aloe vera juice: Aloe vera juice is an effective home remedy for hyperacidity, as it cools down the stomach and provides relief in heartburn. Drink ½ cup of aloe vera juice before heavy or spicy meal.
Other Useful hacks to treat acidity:
If you’re looking for ways to stop heartburn, these lifestyle changes may help.
Ø Chew your food properly
Ø Drink more water
Ø Never eat right before bed
Ø Eat small and frequent meals
Ø Exercise regularly
Ø Get enough sleep
Bottom line: So, now that Dietitian Shweta have told you some super accessible kitchen ingredients to beat the acidity blues, try to opt for these natural remedies rather than quickly popping up an antacid.